Thursday, April 30, 2009


Love this wall o' spools, though I would have preferred that they all be the wonderful old wooden spools, without the invasion of the inferior white plastics items. Still, it was a shot taken in someone else's sewing room, so who am I to quibble? This photo op was at a meeting of Quilting for Others (not the creepy sort from the TV show "Lost", just folks in need). We meet twice a month and complete projects that we donate to hospitals, children's homes, etc.  I am happily in my element: downing mugs of aggressive coffee from the maker on the kitchen counter, wolfing forkfuls of homemade cake topped with Cool Whip and coconut, absorbing the contented sounds of hissing steam irons, thrumming sewing machine motors and softly chattering heads bent over their hand-sewing. And my rudimentary sewing skills are even being put to good use. All in all, sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment